Friday, October 10, 2008

Mandarian Chicken Salad & Croissants

Mandarian Chicken Salad

Lettuce
Diced cooked chicken
Crasins
Buttered Almonds
Mandarian Oranges

Just before serving, toss in nuts & desired amount of salad dressings. Garnish with mandarin oranges.


Buttered Almonds
6 TBS butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
Melt butter in frying pan and add sugar until desolved. Add nuts and toast on low heat until they start to turn brown. Remove from heat and cool on cookie sheet. To help absorb the extra butter, transfer to paper towels after the nuts are cool. They can be stored in ziplock bag until ready to eat.

Dressing
1/3 cup vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp mustard
3/4 tsp salt

Blend all ingredients in a blender. One family size salad will only need about 1/2 this dressing recipe. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve - blend again if separation has occurred.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Thanks Sue!! This salad is so good!! Definetly one of my favs!!!

Steph said...

That was really good, and we had plenty. My parents were in town and we had enough to feed them too, with 1 serving for me for lunch on Monday. Thanks a ton.

Steph said...

OK, I have really messed things up with blogging. I tried to create each of my kids a blog and now I am posting under Seth's name. I will figure it out. Sorry!! This is Stephanie by the way.

Steph said...

Is it fixed?

Steph said...

Nope, I will keep working on it. How embarassing. HELP! Actually, Seth is really advanced on the computer eh!

Steph said...

Am I there yet? Thanks for being patient.

Becky A said...

We had tons of this, too, but appreciated it very much. My older girls absolutely love this salad!

Jodi said...

Oh Steph!!! That's awesome!!! Too too funny!! On your first comment I'm thinking "Who the heck is Seth David"?